Demon 80 by Synthblitz Audio is an original design with preamp and limiter added to the three-band compressor. This device has noise reduction and automatic dynamics control, and a stereo image processor.
Generally, Demon 80 is a pretty cool multi-band comp that can be emulate analog saturation and distortion. It’s design looks good too.
Price and availability
The Demon 80 is available in VST format for Windows computer and costs 25 EUR. That’s on the low spectrum for this type of plug-in and it likely has more to do with Synthblitz being a small-scale developer than it has to with product quality.
Demon 80 multiband compressor specifications:
- Resolution 1400×512
- Xover compatibility from 44100 Hz to 192kHz
- Bandwidth 30Hz -> 20.000Hz
- Low Split Frequency: 20Hz – 1.4k.
- High Split Frequency: 1.4kHz – 20kHz.
- Tree frequency-band gain from -12 to +24dB.
- Pre-Amp gain -/+ 24dB.
- Output gain pre-limiter -/+ 12dB
- Sidechain with Internal or external features and 2 input.
- Threshold from infinity to -32dB
- Attack time from 0 to 400mS.
- Release time from 7,2mS to 2 sec
- Ratio max 6:1 with fine control knob
- Three stereo compressors inside.
- Noise Reduction features.
- Auto dynamics features.
- Independent bypass and mute switch for each channel.
- Three Vu-Meter LEDs,to measure Gain reduction.
- Two virtual moving coil Vu-Meters, analog style for outcoming signal.
- Limiter feature to 0dB with peack Led indicator.
- Analog emulator features (saturators for preamp and amp) with peak led indicators.
- Balance control.
- Auto Bias.
- Max output dBfs -0.01 dB
- RMS level numerical indicator.
More info synthblitz.altervista.org